5.1.12

A matter of Tea.



I  think I'm going British on myself!
Used to be, I was a total Southern Gal, Sweet iced tea, preferably Peach.
Now? Oh, dear, I do believe I'm changing!

For dinner tonight I 1) Put NO ICE in my tea. Hot, My dear, warm and soothing!  And, 2) thought it much to sweet.
Oh bother me, Am I going British on myself?  Not that I'd much mind that, (Dear self, could you please make me have an accent now? Sincerely, yourself.),

Amazing, isn't it? The way Tea is held up.  In Old Southern rings, we drank Tea or lemonade, and in the British circles, Well, they drank Tea. and Tea. And more Tea.  They practically LIVED on Tea.  Not a bad idea, actually.  How would you like a daily Tea Time with crumpets? I'd rather enjoy it, I think.


"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"  (C.S Lewis)

"Tea pot is on, the cups are waiting, Favorite chairs anticipating, No matter what I have to do, My friend there's always time for you" (Unknown)

Tea is such a warming, soothing, loving, drink.  It can have medicinal qualities, and calming tones. 

Indeed, you cannot find a cup of Tea big enough to suit me!

So, I leave you, While I enjoy an imaginary cup of Tea. Earl Gray. Hot.

5 comments:

  1. Nice post i agree tea is amazing i love tea soo soothing perfect way to end a day

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm a Southern gal too. I always like my tea super sweet and cold but sometimes I drink it hot....still sweet though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ashley!

    Thanks for stopping by--and sorry I didn't clarify that. :) One photo is the limit! :D

    I certainly hope you will join us! :o)

    Love,
    Lucia @ lucia, etc.

    www.one-beloved.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. so wish i could get back into tea. unfortantly, 9 times out of 10 i get sick of it. don't know why it doesn't like me. hehehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your post and I want an accent too! But I don't like tea a whole lot =( but sometimes I drink a cup with my grandmother =)

    ReplyDelete

Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.
- Blaise Pascal