7.2.13

All le single ladies

As I'm still clueless on posting (actually, I have many ideas, but if you happen to follow my twitter, you'll easily see where my thoughts have been.  Wicked, Wicked, and more Wicked. I might be a wee bit obsessed...just a wee bit, though). So I decided to do another link up.  But, thats terrible of me.  Even if my mind was crowded with non-Elphaba thoughts, I'd still participate in this darling little link up, as it is just such a sweet and lovely idea.


 It is an incredible sweet idea; for all us single ladies, the day of sweet hearts can be....tough. (Unless you have food. no. even if you do have food it can be hard).  And so, Meghan has created a darling blog party for all us single ladies.

The first day of this linkup includes a list of questions for us to answer, and, as I've said, I adore answering questions....


1. White chocolate or milk/dark chocolate? Oooh. hmmm....I think I'll go with Milk Chocolate, even though White is also scrumbilbilduptious.
2. Tea or Coffee? Tea. I mean, there is no way I'm going turn down anything with a Starbucks logo on it.  But I really don't like coffee if it isn't equipped with a green mermaid logo.
3. Movie or book on a night-in? Book. Oh yes a book please.
4. Rom-com or a tear-jerker? I think Ecclesiastes 7:3 was made for us who like having our heart torn usunder by novels, movies, and musicals.
 Frustration is better than laughter,
    because a sad face is good for the heart.
Of course, that isn't normally my philosophy, but when it comes to movies (or books, or musicals) I'd rather leave with my face wet with bittersweet tears rather than laughter.  
5. Who is the first literary couple to come to your mind? Elpheba and Fiyero. (Told you. My head is filled with Wicked...)
6. Who is the first *movie* couple that comes to your mind? Elpheba and- oh. Movie. *clears throat* well, musical isn't close enough? no? well...you probably don't want to have the same answer for both questions...
*clears mind of all thoughts of blue diamond and green skin*
Erik and Christine. 
Oh I see how you are so surprised to hear that from me.  My head, t'is filled with nonsense of musicals, be them in stage or movie form.
 
7. Roses or chocolate? Chocolate. Roses are nice, but chocolate shaped as roses are even better. I also happen to be a pig when it comes to sweet things, and I can't very well eat roses, now can I? 
8. Fancy dinner in a 4-star restaurant or a simple picnic? Picnics are nice, but they just cannot compare to a restaurant with silver and crystal.  However, a picnic I would gladly suggest, is a moonlit one where we watch shooting stars while sharing a large Hot Chocolate canteen.
But, when it comes to the basic answer, I say, 4 star restaurant wins.
9. Dream wedding scenario: outdoor family affair, or a formal church wedding & reception at a 5-star hotel?  I shall now pour my girlish heart out unto you, caring not whether it is sensible, accomplish able, or will even ever happen.  I'd like the wedding held at some Celtic retreat, an old grey castle.  But, for the actual ceromony, I love the Jewish weddings; the candles, the salt, the glass breaking, Mazel tov-ing.  The reception would be held in the castle, where'd there would be much dancing, and could we please arrange piggies in a blanket as appetizers?
I'm an odd girl, and I don't actually want a wedding cake. I'm not much of a cake eater, preferring pie instead, so I think I'd have various pies.  Won't it be fun, shoving blueberry filling in my husband's face?
10. What was the last love song you listened to? "Do you love me?" from Fiddler on the Roof.  Perhaps it's not the most beautiful song in the world...but it packs so much meaning. This married couple, they've gone through hardships together, and yet, never even thought about if they love each other, only to find out, hey, they suppose they do!
11. Favorite real-life/celebrity couple? Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner? oh...I don't suppose they are truly 'together', are they?  Then, I suppose that goes to Kirk Cameron and his wife, Chelsea Noble.  They met on the set of two television shows they co-stared on, and on "Growing Pains" she was even his character's girlfriend. They ended up dating, and marrying in real life, and when Kirk played on "Fireproof" he refused to kiss anyone but his wife, thus, why the fire station kiss scene was filmed in silhouette..it was Mrs. Cameron.
12. One piece of advice about love:
All of Warren Barfield's song, pretty much:

 Love is not a place
To come and go as we please
It's a house we enter in
And then commit to never leave
So lock the door behind you
Throw away the key
We'll work it out together
Let it bring us to our knees

Love is a shelter in a raging storm
Love is peace in the middle of a war
If we try to leave may God send angels to guard the door
No, love is not a fight but it's something worth fighting for

To some, love is a word that they can fall into
But when they're falling out
Keeping that word is hard to do

Love is a shelter in a raging storm
Love is peace in the middle of a war
If we try to leave may God send angels to guard the door
No, love is not a fight but it's something worth fighting for

I want this song played at my wedding, I want it played whenever I feel like giving up, on every anniversary, and on every hard day.   It's such a perfectly powerful song. 

And, I guess that concludes day one.
I'm truly looking forward to the rest of this link up's events, so...
tootles!

Cheerio me ol cream crackers!
(I'm listening to "I'm not that girl" and...yeah. tears. pouring down my face. hmhm.)

2 comments:

  1. #1 - Woohoo for Erik & Christine! I chose them too!
    #2 - I don't want Wedding Cake at my wedding either. Pie or cupcakes or cupcake pops would be sooo much better, methinks!
    #3 - I love Fiddler! *secret-musical-geek here*
    #4 - Love. Every. Single. Warren. Barfield. Song. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. =D This was GREAT!!! So glad you joined in the party! Your dream wedding sounds truly marvelous, breathtaking!
    Ah...Erik & Christine? Okay...I'll keep my mouth shut about who I "ship" in Phantom of the Opera. *hint* it's who ends up together. *Ahem*
    <3 To each her own--& Sarah Elizabeth...don't yell at me for loving Raoul & Christine together. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.
- Blaise Pascal